Our experience extends to the following property types:
- Petrol Filling Stations
- Motorway and trunk road service areas (MSA’s and TRSA’s)
- Convenience Stores (allied to petrol stations)
- Car Dealerships (franchised and independent)
- Tyre and Exhaust Centres
- Valeting (roll-over, jet and hand carwashes)
Fuel Retailing Sector
GECP was set up in 2009 by Greville English BSc FRICS to provide a specialist and personal service to the petrol retailing and motor trade sectors. We have over 30 year’s experience both within the fuel industry and in private practice.
The Petrol retailing sector has undergone considerable transformation in recent years including
- The exit of Total, Texaco and Murco from petrol retailing in the UK
- Continual reduction in the number of petrol stations
- Increase in market share by the supermarkets
- Growth of the independent operators with the likes of Malthurst, Motor Fuel Group, Euro Garages and Rontec emerging as major independent group operators
- Significant technological improvements in terms of equipment, environmental issues and back office business management information
- Increase in number of partnership arrangements with convenience store operators
- Investor interest in the sector
This activity has increased the need for sound property advice based on real market experience and an understanding of this specialist sector.
With its in-depth knowledge of this sector GECP is well placed to be able to provide this service.
Motor Dealership Sector
The motor trades sector has similarly experienced considerable activity over recent years.
- Over 43 consecutive months of growth
- Consolidation with the likes of Cambria Automobiles, Virtu Motors, Lookers, Motorline and Pendragon consolidating and expanding their networks
- Continuing pressure from manufacturers to improve the standards of dealer facilities
- Evolving and increasing influence of IT in terms of customer retention and management systems and purchasing and selling patterns
- The consolidation of franchise territories with larger central hub facilities
- Increasing investor interest in the sector
Property assets play an integral and increasingly important role within the motor trade sector.
With this comes a growing need for sound property advice based on market experience and an understanding of operators requirements in this field.
Through its involvement with this industry for over 30 years GECP is well placed to provide a personal service to those operating within this sector.